Given that our people are our driving force, we commit to providing them a working environment where meritocracy prevails, as well as attractive prospects of development, depending on the knowledge and abilities they possess and their personal pursuits.
In Human Resources Department of Saracakis Group of Companies, we plan and implement modern management systems for the growth and development of our organization, securing a meritocratic and humancentric working environment, that nurtures a high level of commitment to our people.
For this reason, we place great emphasis on the following fields:
- Target setting and performance evaluation per job position, based on SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timebound) targets. Target setting takes place in the 1st quarter of each year and performance evaluation 12 months after the target setting. The targets are set jointly by the employee and his supervisor and approved by the Business Unit Managers, with the support of the Human Resources Department for quality control of this procedure. Every job position is connected, through target setting, with either a commission scheme, or an annual bonus scheme.
- Award and recognition at Group level, once every year, of selected employees who distinguished themselves for their excellent performance or model behaviour, according to the principles and values of our Group.
- Award of selected employees by the Manager of each department who distinguished themselves for their contribution to the successful completion of an important project.
- Multiple opportunities for career development, either towards the Management of large teams (Management positions) or towards High specialisation (Specialist positions), through internal promotion. Given that the Group has subidiaries in Greece, Bulgaria and Romania, career opportunities extend to all this geographic areas.
- Succession planning for the key positions of our Group and systematic preparation of internal candidates. Through this procedure we secure the business continuity whilst at the same time create a work environment with transparent procedures for the development of our human resources. At the moment, 85% of the Management team of our Group (Managers & Supervisors) come from internal promotion.
- Equal opportunities in training and developing our people. For this purpose, the supervisors of the organisational units, as well as the Human Resources department carry out systematically and on a yearly basis face-to-face meetings with our people, where their professional evolution is discussed and jointly agree on actions for achieving relevant goals.
- Multiple opportunities for training, making good use of parallel methods such as classroom training, training academies, electronic training platforms, experiential learning, assessment centres and systematic coaching, especially for newly hired employees or employees whose next professional step involves a more demanding position.
- Full or part time subsidy of long-term training programs, in cooperation with external educational organisations and academic institutions, for selected employees who have exhibited a steady high performance and model professional behaviour.
- High level technical training for the Mechanics and Electricians in our Commercial Vehicle workshops / Paint & Body shops (Trucks-Buses, Construction Machinery and Marine Engines), as well as in the Service workshops / Paint & Body shops of Passenger Cars in Athens and Thessaloniki. Given that our Group represents world renowned manufacturer brands (Volvo, Komatsu, Honda, Mitsubishi, Massey Ferguson), the technical training offered to our people from the manufacturers themselves is equally world-class. It is not by chance that we succeeded an important distinction at international level in the competition “Volvo Vista” in year 2019, with a team of Mechanics and Electricians from our Commercial Vehicle workshops.